We are the men and women who do the hard, dangerous and sometimes dirty work of building our countries. The next time someone asks you why they should join LIUNA, give them five reasons:
1. I earn more -- government statistics show that the average pay for union construction workers is more than 50% above that of non-union construction workers.
2. It doesn't matter what color I am or if I'm a man or a woman -- our contract treats us equally.
3. LIUNA has one of the best continuing education systems in the world – and it’s free. Training helps me find more work and keeps me safer on the job.
4. There's healthcare and a pension – 82% of union construction workers have health insurance, compared to only 46% of non-union construction workers and 77% of union construction workers have a pension plan, compared to only 35% of non-union construction workers. Find out more about the campaign to Build America So America Works by creating good jobs and fixing America's basics.
5. To make it short -- we're better off together than going it alone.